Monday, August 1, 2016

#MarcusMotivation

#MarcusMotivation

When I graduated high school, I got a summer job working at the Registry of Motor Vehicles. Not most 17 year old's dream summer job. I primarily wanted to work at Foot Locker. To me that was the coolest job you could have at my age. My mother wouldn't allow me to give up the RMV job because the pay was higher. So I ended up working that job and in the long run it was better. My friends who had "cool" jobs all thought it was funny that I worked there, but complained about money issues while I was doing quite well for myself. I always had money to go out and when I went back to school I had plenty of cash stashed. The reason why I'm mentioning this is that in order to get what you want sometimes you have to do the things that others don't want to do. That may mean working a job you don't like, staying in and studying instead of going out and partying, or eating healthy foods instead of going out to get fast food. With reward comes sacrifice. It is part of the process.

Moral of the Story:


Put in the work now so you can be on top later on. At this point you may feel like it is too hard but just remember hard is not impossible. You are great. Sometimes it takes a little sacrifice to get you to the point you really want to be at. Jerry Rice said it best, “Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't.”

No comments:

Post a Comment