Monday, October 9, 2017

Mighty Mondays - The Test Of A Man



The test of man is the fight that he makes.
The grit that he daily shows.
The way that he stands upon his feet.
And takes life’s numerous bumps and blows.
A coward can smile,
When there’s not to fear.
And nothing, his progress bars.
But it takes a man to stand and cheer.
While the other fellow stars.
It isn’t the victory after all,
But, the fight that a brother makes.
A man when driven against the wall,
takes the blows of fate.
With his head held high.
Bleeding, bruised, and pale!!
Is the man who will win, fate defied,
For he isn’t afraid to fail.

Test Of A Man

This is one of my favorite poems and it has served to help me define, partially, what it means to be Mighty. I always find myself revisiting this poem when I face struggles of some sort and need that boost to rise above the occasion. I am sharing it with you, ladies and gentlemen, this week as apart of #MightyMondays in hopes that it can serve to do the same thing for you. Use it as inspiration and a fuel for your perseverance!

Just Glo Up!



No comments:

Post a Comment